Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 2018 18:58:57 +0000
From:      Rafal Lukawiecki <raf@rafal.net>
To:        "James B. Byrne via freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pkg check --recompute and apache24 deleted files

Sincere apologies for bumping this question, but if anyone has experience of=
 using pkg check, I would be very grateful for some pointers. Many thanks.

I have started seeing a longish list of warnings in daily security run outp=
ut related to files which I have removed after installing apache24. This use=
d not to happen in the past, it is a recent change, perhaps a month or so ol=
d. I do not need the =E2=80=9Cdefault=E2=80=9D web site that apache24 instal=
lation creates in /usr/local/www/apache24. For example, I get these:

   Checking for packages with mismatched checksums:
   apache24-2.4.29: missing file /usr/local/www/apache24/cgi-bin/printenv
   apache24-2.4.29: missing file /usr/local/www/apache24/cgi-bin/test-cgi
   apache24-2.4.29: missing file /usr/local/www/apache24/error/HTTP_BAD_GAT=
EWAY.html.var
   =E2=80=A6

I thought I could use pkg check --recompute to suppress those, but it seems=
 to have had no effect. Is there another way of telling pkg to stop listing =
those deletions in its security output?

Thank you for your kind assistance and my regards from Ireland,
Rafal
--
Rafal Lukawiecki
Data Scientist