Date:      Thu, 09 Apr 2015 10:17:41 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?B?R3VzdGF1IFDDqXJleg==?= <gperez@entel.upc.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   No IOMMU/DMAR with DELL 3020

   Hi,

   I'm trying xen dom0 on a DELL optiplex 3020 machine. The machine runs:

         root@xen_test:~ # uname -arn
         FreeBSD xen_test 11.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #0 r281184:

   The box has a core i5-4590 equipped with VT-d:

         root@xen_test:~ # dmesg|grep EPT
         VT-x: PAT,HLT,MTF,PAUSE,EPT,UG,VPID
         Secondary Processor
Controls=0x7cff<APIC,EPT,DT,RDTSCP,x2APIC,VPID,WBINVD,UG,PAUSE-loop,RDRAND,INVPCID,VMFUNC,VMCS>
         EPT Features=0x6334141<XO,PW4,UC,WB,2M,1G,INVEPT,AD,single,all>

   Also the box has the last BIOS firmware from its vendor (DELL).

   However, even if VT-d is there, iommu is not enabled. Booting in
verbose mode shows me this:

          root@xen_test:~ # dmesg|grep DMAR
          ACPI: No DMAR table found

   which is the reason iommu support isn't enabled.

   Shouldn't be DMAR be detected if VT-d is there? Any info I can
provide, let me know.

   Best,

   Gustau

Prou top-posting :    http://ca.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting
Stop top-posting :    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style

O O O Gustau Pérez i Querol
O O O Unitat de Gestió dels departaments
O O O Matemàtica Aplicada IV i Enginyeria Telemàtica

      Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
      Edifici C3 - Despatx S101-B
 UPC  Campus Nord UPC
      C/ Jordi Girona, 1-3