Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 2010 08:37:19 +0800
From:      Yue Wu <vanopen@gmail.com>
To:        David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: boot0cfg -B can't work

On Sun, Dec 05, 2010 at 04:29:24PM -0800, David Wolfskill wrote:
> From boot0cfg(8):
>
> NOTE
>      Protection mechanisms in the geom(4) subsystem might prevent boot0cfg
>      from being able to update the MBR on a mounted disk.  Instructions for
>      temporarily disabling these protection mechanisms can be found in the
>      geom(4) manpage. Specifically, do a
>
>            sysctl kern.geom.debugflags=0x10
>
>      to allow writing to the MBR, and restore it to 0 afterwards.

Thanks, I remembered that boot0cfg in the previous version can do it
without changing the sysctl parameter, maybe it's changed in newer
version.

--
Regards,
Yue Wu

Key Laboratory of Modern Chinese Medicines
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine
China Pharmaceutical University
No.24, Tongjia Xiang Street, Nanjing 210009, China