Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2000 19:03:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        BSD-Dubbs@cfl.rr.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Using yi.org and bsdonline.org to update IP

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000 BSD-Dubbs@cfl.rr.com wrote:
> I am using RoadRunner and to keep from dealing with the hassle of a
> rotating IP I decided I would use YI.org and BSDONLINE.org to maintain
> a virtual domain of sorts that pointed to my domain. I downloaded the
> shell scripts and have them edited for my account...now comes my
> question...
>
> How do I make it so that when dhclient updates my IP lease that it also
> runs these scripts...I put them in my / directory and they are names
> bsdonline_ipup.sh and yiorg_ipup.sh ... just wondering what the next
> step is...thanks....

Don't have a step by step for you but /etc/dhclient-script is just
a sh script run by dhclient to do the updates.  Look for the places
where it does a

     route add $new_ip_address

and have it run your scripts there.  I do this to update my rc.firewall
rules and it seems to work fine (though my ip address hasn't changed
since we installed it).

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com