Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 1995 23:35:26 +0100 (BST)
From:      Geraint A Edwards <gedge@inner.demon.co.uk>
To:        FreeBSD questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   tcpdate correction lost?

Hi,

I run FreeBSD 1.1.5.1R using 'adjkerntz' with /etc/wall_cmos_clock
(i.e. I set my unix time but keep my DOS clock time).

This has been working fine for a year or so, but I now want to use
'ntpdate' to keep my clock correct each time I connect to my ISP.

I've tried this and while it does adjust the clock, it is not a
permanent adjustment:  rebooting seems to lose any correction.

So, I'd like to make the clock adjustment permanent, if possible.

Please e-mail me with any suggestions, and I'll summarise to the
list, if people indicate interest (via personal mail).

Thanks,

Gedge
--
"Gedge"            Geraint A. Edwards   Home:  gedge@inner.demon.co.uk