Date:      Wed, 9 Jan 2008 08:00:30 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Anders Nordby <anders@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PXE install hangs on 6.3, 7.0

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008, Anders Nordby wrote:

Hi,

> I read Stefan Lambrev's mail about PXE problems on this list with
> interest, as I've had my own trying to PXE install a HP Proliant DL 580.
>
> It seems that my installation hangs right after the end of loader.rc. I

So loader ist laoded and working and you get output from that?

> do not get any kernel output or sysinstall messages. This happens with
> FreeBSD/amd64 6.3-RC2 and 7.0-RC1, but not with 6.2.
>
> Any ideas?

Do you have a serial console to paste what you get?

Can you try a show at the end of loader.rc before boot? Would boot -Dh
help?

I am just blindly trying to get more information as what you say is a
bit vague.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                 bzeeb at Zabbadoz dot NeT
Software is harder than hardware  so better get it right the first time.