Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2000 18:30:39 +0100
From:      "Oliver Blasnik" <oliver.blasnik@nextra.de>
To:        "Terry Glanfield" <Terry.Glanfield@program-products.co.uk>, <hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ServerWorks SMbus

Hi Terry,

"Terry Glanfield" <Terry.Glanfield@program-products.co.uk> wrote:

> Has anyone done any work to support the SMbus on the ServerWorks
> ServerSet III chipset?

Don't know if it's the one I think, but it was announced:
If it is based on Intels IPMI-specifications: I did some work to
access the IPMI SMBus for general purpose as we do own "some"
ISP2150:

giga:~ # ipmi

ipmi : Interface to IPMI enabled motherboards (C) Oliver Blasnik 2000

usage: ipmi [<flags>] <action>
     action: bmcversion               prints out BMC information
             setwatchdog [<time>]     initialize (set and stop) watchdog
                                      (to "time" seconds)
             getwatchdog              get time-to-death
             runwatchdog              start watchdog, reset timer
             report [<id0> <id1>]     report sensor data (all or of sensor
                                      id0/id1)
             fru-dump                 dump entire FRU eeprom to stdout
             sdr-dump                 dump entire SDR information to stdout
             add-sdr "<data>"         add SDR-Entry, data=hexstring
             del-sdr <sure>           delete complete SDR informations.
                                      Set "sure" to "yes-do-it-really"
             dump <data> <data> ...   transfer data (in hex) to bmc, print
                                      out results
             ipmb <dev> <data> ...    dto, but send to device "dev" via i2c

             IPMI, BMC (C) by Intel, Hewlett Packard, NEC, Dell

I thought about making this tool public, but that needs some Source-
Finetuning ;-)  Anyone?

> Regards,
> Terry.

Cu, Oliver
--
-- http://www.nextra.de - INTERNET@WORK ----- oliver.blasnik@nextra.de --
 Nextra Deutschland     | Oliver Blasnik      Senior System Administrator