Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2000 15:04:31 -0400
From:      "David C. Maple" <dmaple@methos.net>
To:        <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem booting from floppies

I am getting a recurring error when trying to run the install from the boot
floppies.  I have tried several disks, so I know they are good.  I suspect
that the floppy drive itself may be bad.  The error I'm getting follows:

*** Soft Error - Error #10 - FDC: Data overrun or underrun

Diagnostic Name		ID	Device	Pass	Test	Hard/Soft	20-APR-2020
boot			00000020    err_iob	   0     0     0   22      14:55:24

*** End of Error ***

This repeats several times then asks for the mfs disk.  The same error
repeats during the read of the mfs disk and then I get dumped back out at
the prompt.  Am I correct that it should begin the installation there or am
I supposed to type something here to start the install?

Thanks,

Dave