Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 1997 09:55:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        Thomas Arnold <tom@inna.net>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Neat BT848/fxtv problem

>  |I'm having a neat problem with  FXTv.
>  |While watching SOME channels ( freq def cableirc ) occasionally the
>  |channel will fade to bright white then lose hold.  CHanging teh channle
>  |back and forth will resync it.  Sometimes it loses hold instantly and
>  |sometimes it will sync up for a while.
>
> Bernie was also mentioning this and said that an upgrade to XFree 3.3 fixed
> it; might try that.  I've not seen this specific problem myself -- just
> seen the tuner lose vertical lock and sometimes eventually just quit
> capturing.

Well. Two different problems really. What 3.3 seems to have fixed is the
IDE timeouts (at small window sizes). The loss of vertical lock I still
ocassionaly sometimes (even when connected to my VCR with a video/audio
patch cable (not coax).

I ALWAYS get the loss of vertical lock when the first time I run fxtv
(after a reboot). The solution to it (for me) is to quite and restart
fxtv.

Bernie