Date:      Thu, 6 May 1999 15:35:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ben Manes <anarchy@crl.com>
To:        "Ramoncito P. Puyat" <nitronarc@iname.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installing freebsd with win95

> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm trying to install FBSD 3.1 on my system. However, my only free drive is
> connected to the slave of the secondary IDE. I tried using the boot manager
> but it didn't work. How do I go about it?

How exactly did you use it? Does it not load, does it not point to
freebsd correctly, or what? I haven't used the bootloader as much as
lilo, so I'll definatly be wrong below. There the simple answers to a
minor problem (hopefully that's all you have..)

If the loader doesn't.. load:
1. Its set as the mbr on the 1st drive. Either it haults (fdisk /mbr) or
other OSes will overwrite it.

2. put the boot loader on the boot block of the partition. That way, yuou
merely make that partition active (FreeBSDs), and then it can point to
win9x (and no mbr problems). Also is *perfect* when more OSes are needed.

3. Did you set the partition active? :)