Date:      Mon, 29 Oct 2001 14:15:49 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Yonatan Bokovza <Yonatan@xpert.com>
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, Stephen McKay <mckay@thehub.com.au>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Course of law (was: Islam (was: Religions (was Re: helping vi ctims of terror)))

On Sunday, 28 October 2001 at 11:30:40 +0200, Yonatan Bokovza wrote:
> [...]

We've already established that war is carried out at a government
level.

>>> No. And the Israelis are not doing that.
>>
>> It looks very much like it to me.  What am I missing?
>
> You're missing the long debates on every action, the lists of
> hundreds of known terrorists Israel asked the Palestinian Authority
> to "apprehend", the real number of those that actually were
> arrested  and released a few days later.

Yes, indeed, that's what I'm missing.  If this is happening, the world
press is keeping very quiet about it.

> You're also missing the fact that the Israelis shoot as a last
> measure, after peace talks yielded zilch,

Hmm.  There was a certain amount of provocation, wasn't there?

> and that the tanks are there because the Palestinians are shooting,
> nightly, at civilian neighbourhood called "Giloh". No, it's not a
> "settlement". It's a neighborhood in Jerusalem, which is the capital
> city of Israel. How would you react if other country was *nightly*
> shooting at civilians in D.C. ?

I suppose it's a question of "other country".  If it's another
country, then the Israelis shouldn't be shooting in Palestine.  If
it's the same country then yes, I believe there *are* (roughly)
nightly shootings in (Washington) D.C., but since they're mainly poor
people, the police doesn't do much about it.

Greg