Date:      Mon, 20 Dec 1999 09:22:59 -0600
From:      nathan <beemern@ksu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   more WINE'ing

i've found out a little more about my WINE problem.

everytime i invoke wine, i get the following dmesg:

    shared address space fork attempted: pid: 16505

i don't have any idea what this means (theoretically OR practically)

incidently, i'm running a dual proc box (pIII / 450's  & 128 mb ram)
don't know if the SMP kernel has anything to do with my problems.

note - a buddy of mine installed wine on considerably less hardware and
was up in running in less than an hour.  so the darn thing DOES work...

TIA for any help/ideas/etc

-nate

ps - if you didn't catch my first msg regarding this, whenever i try to
run wine it just sits there and does nothing..
and i've tried many configurations including trying a native windows
partition, and also without one.. no luck anywhere...