Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2001 03:53:49 +0800
From:      Clive Lin <clive@CirX.ORG>
To:        "Donald J . Maddox" <dmaddox@sc.rr.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/net/dictd Makefile pkg-plist

[Redirect to ports@]

Hi, good morning

On Sun, Jan 28, 2001 at 02:25:29PM -0500, Donald J . Maddox wrote:
> Hey, while your're in there, could you change this port to install
> the client as well?  The pkg-comment says:
>
> Dict protocol (RFC 2229) client and server
I'm aware of this. Our dear pkg-comment lies :-)

> but no client is actually installed.  I have no idea why, since it's
> there :)
The dear dict client could be found net/dict.

I think there's a sufficient reason. People who want the client
may not want the server installed. For example, I have several
BSD boxes around me. I only need one server and other machines
could live well without server (and the fat fat, really bloated
dictionary databases) installed.

Errr, sounds weird, isn't ?

In fact, I do think as what you think originally, until another
committer tells me this reason :-)