Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2001 22:54:55 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@DougBarton.net>
To:        Sean Kelly <smkelly@zombie.org>
Cc:        Mit Rowe <mitayai@dreaming.org>, FreeBSD-Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: /etc/mail/mailer.conf

Sean Kelly wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 09:50:48AM -0400, Mit Rowe wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > Was wondering... is it really necessary for mergemaster to check
> > /etc/mail/mailer.conf? Can't we have /etc/mail/mailer.conf.sample or
> > something similar instead?
>
> Same for the group and passwd files.

	We can't put training wheels on everything. If you don't trust yourself
not to accidentally overwrite those files, create a mergemaster
MM_PRE_COMPARE_SCRIPT script that deletes them from the temp root so you
can't make any mistakes.

Good luck,

Doug
--
    "We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail."
	- George W. Bush, President of the United States