Date:      Thu, 5 Nov 2009 02:19:25 -0600
From:      "Sam Fourman Jr." <sfourman@gmail.com>
To:        Artis Caune <artis.caune@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is the state of ZFS on FreeBSD?

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 12:47 AM, Artis Caune <artis.caune@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/11/5 joe mcguckin <joe@via.net>:
>> I'm interested inb putting together a file server with lots of disk.
>>
>> What's the state of ZFS? Is it ready for production use?

We are using it in production and have a 6TB RAIDZ on FreeBSD8 RC2 amd64
we are quite happy with the FreeBSD 8 setup.
we tried it on FreeBSD 7.2 i386 and did not like it (we got a few panics)

the only trouble we really had on FreeBSD8 is the sharenfs manpages
are not updated.
so we are using the classic /etc/exports instead of the zfs option.

Sam Fourman Jr.
Fourman Networks