Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 1998 02:07:04 -0200 (EDT)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@jonny.eng.br>
To:        mike@smith.net.au (Mike Smith)
Cc:        jonny@jonny.eng.br, mike@smith.net.au, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Toshiba 305CDS and pcm sound

#define quoting(Mike Smith)
// > // Check the IRQ, and perhaps try changing it if that's possible, I use:
// > //
// > // device          pcm0 at isa? port ? tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0
// >
// > The irq 10 at my config was taken from the win95 control panel.  I
// > have double checked it today (now running WinNT), and found it's on
// > irq 5.  Why it has changed I don't know.  I always thought irq 5 was a
// > more common value than irq 10.  Also strange was the fact that neither
// > Win95 nor WinNT driver allowed to change its config, but still decided
// > to change it by itself.
//
// I suspect that the BIOS sets it to 5, and NT trusts the BIOS to do PnP,
// while W95 thinks that it's smarter and so moves it.  Once the new-bus

Should the pnp system in FreeBSD detect the card then ?  Last time I
tried it said there were no PnP cards, so I removed it.  My first
thought was obviously that this was a embedded ISA PnP sound card.

					Jonny

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis            M.Sc. Student
jonny@jonny.eng.br                 Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro