Date:      Sat, 21 Mar 1998 13:02:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Signature on New Haupauge Model 400 boards.

Hi all:

As my previous message reveals, I am still having trouble locking onto all
Cox CATV channels.
My oooold card which I got back last November/October definitely had a
defective Tuner. At least this card receives rather well off the air, but
for CATV I am still having big problems.

>From the signature, I thought the problem was related to the signature
incorrectly making the driver think I had a Temic PLL on the tuner.
With the driver set to Temic, I at least get channels 60-78.
After recompiling with OVERRIDE_TUNER PHILIPS_NTSC, I can't lock onto any
CATV channels.

This is the signature of this "new" board.. Could someone please interpret
this?

Thanks.

Bernie

signature contents, 0x01 thru 0xff:

 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 02 00 00 00

i2c device found @
 0xa0
 0xc2