Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 2014 20:19:32 +0100
From:      olli hauer <ohauer@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache 2.2.7?

On 2014-03-25 19:45, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Am 25.03.2014 19:22, schrieb Olli Hauer:
>
>>    The update is ready to push out but we have to wait for the official
>>    upstream announcement ...
>
> This is nonsense. The packages are downloadable, so is the changelog:
>
> <http://apache.mirrors.lucidnetworks.net//httpd/CHANGES_2.2.27>;
>
> All the information is public. There is no reason to wait.

Sure, there is a reason.

Until there is no official announcement it can always happens a blocker is found and the release will be revoked.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-announce/

I suspect you are not able to find a 2.4.8 release because an issue where found and fixed in the last moment.

In case someone wants to upgrade, a patch can be found here.
http://people.freebsd.org/~ohauer/diffs/apache22-2.2.27.diff

To apply the patch use the following commands.

$> cd /usr/ports
$> fetch http://people.freebsd.org/~ohauer/diffs/apache22-2.2.27.diff
$> patch < apache22-2.2.27.diff

--