Date:      Sat, 13 Apr 2013 01:26:31 +0100
From:      Tom Evans <tevans.uk@googlemail.com>
To:        Julio Merino <julio+host-g5-jmmv@meroh.net>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Screen contents wrap over the right edge

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 1:34 PM, Julio Merino
<julio+host-g5-jmmv@meroh.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have recently set up FreeBSD powerpc64 9.1 on a PowerMac G5 that
> carries an nVidia Geforce FX 5200 Ultra (NV34) connected to a Lenovo
> ThinkVision LT2452P (24" screen with a native resolution of
> 1920x1200@60Hz).  I have installed X.Org 7.5.2 from ports.
>
> When starting X, everything works reasonably well (X starts with
> hardware autoconfiguration and uses the native resolution of the
> display) but there is quite an annoying problem: the screen contents
> are offset to the right by 50-100 pixels, and the picture wraps over
> the right edge to come over through the left edge by that same amount.
>
> I'm attaching a copy of the Xorg.0.log file.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!

Hey Julio

This sounds like overscan is enabled on the monitor. My Panasonic TV,
hooked up to my FreeBSD HTPC box via HDMI, initially exhibited this
exact problem until overscan was disabled. If your monitor is perhaps
usable as a TV, is it doing this?

It might not be called "overscan" on the monitor, it may be called
"1:1 pixel mapping" (and have the opposite meaning). Have a look
around in the settings on the monitor to see if there is such an
option.

Cheers

Tom