Date:      Thu, 5 Nov 1998 15:35:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
To:        Paolo Di Francesco <paipai@tin.it>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I am "new"....

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Paolo Di Francesco wrote:

> Ok, I've just subscribed  to this mailing list. The main reason is "curiosity"
> I think and I'd want to know who is actively developing on this platform and
> why.
>

> Some questions:
>
> 1) Which will be the supported platforms? (the oldest ones?)
> I need to know this because I would help in some way, but I do not have a SPARC
> box at home. So I have to buy it, but this means "money" and I'm a student so
> not much "money".....8(
>
> 2) Current state. I think I have to learn many things if I want to be of some
> help.... But if you have done it, I think I shall do something else. 8)
>

> Why I want to "play" with kernels and the low-level part of a system?
> Well, you can learn many things, experimenting this kind of things.
>
> P.S. let me know what you think.

The port is dead but I hope to get something started soon.

I just jumped on the list myself, the plan is to support ultrasparcs, not
the older chips.  I'm in the process of researching several sites pointed
at by members of this list.

If you understand low level programming (assembler) and priviledged modes
then we definetly need you.

I'm going to base my work off the netbsd port right now.

-Alfred