Date:      Fri,  6 Dec 2002 09:31:00 -0800
From:      Octavian Hornoiu <octavian@hacknslash.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   nsswitch functionality

I have been doing a lot of research into integrating FreeBSD into my company's
network recently and we have been converting our servers to FreeBSD gradually
but one of the hurdles to overcome is the login issue.  In order to make logins
seamless across our network I **MUST** use NT logins which means I need winbind
functionality to work.

Winbind requires nsswitch to work properly and I know that FreeBSD does not
support it currently but why is this not a top priority at the moment?  I would
much rather have nsswitch working than some of the minor features introduced in
5.0.  At least, this is my humble opinion and I might be asking too much.  Is
there a dedicated resource working on nsswitch at the current moment or is the
project dead?

Thanks!

Octavian