Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2013 20:03:19 -0500
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   clipboard mangling cut/paste?

	(I'm posting this here because I have not been able to narrow
it down to a more specific candidate.  Also, my Google-fu is
inferior.)

	On a system running:

FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0: Sun Dec 30 12:52:09 EST 2012  amd64

	and xorg-server-1.10.6_2.1, I can cut from FireFox (18) and
paste into xemacs (21.4).
	However, cutting from xemacs and pasting into Firefox turns the
characters into something that looks like Japanese/Chinese.  I can't
even tell whether it's pasting the same number of characters (or
twice/half that number).
	I have other systems on which this works, but have not been
able to find the setting which makes everything happy.

	Respectfully,

			Robert Huff

.