Date:      Tue, 01 Feb 2000 07:49:52 +0100 (CET)
From:      Micke Josefsson <mj@isy.liu.se>
To:        Paul Orr <Paul.Orr@jetsam.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: amd....kill me please

On 31-Jan-00 Paul Orr wrote:

> I give up.  White flag.  Whatever.  I can't get
> direct mapping to work.  Does anyone have a real life
> example using AMD under FreeBSD 3.4 that I can steal.  amd.conf and
> map entries. PLEASE!!!!
>
> Paul Orr

My experience is this:

/etc/amd.conf:

[ global ]
normalize_hostnames =    no
print_pid =              no
restart_mounts =         yes
#auto_dir =               /n
log_file =               /var/log/amd
log_options =            all
#debug_options =         all
plock =                  no
cache_duration  =        6
dismount_interval =      20
selectors_on_default =   yes
# config.guess picks up "sunos5" and I don't want to edit my maps yet
os =                     sos5
# if you print_version after setting up "os", it will show it.
print_version =          no
map_type =               file
search_path =            /etc/amdmaps:/usr/lib/amd:/usr/local/AMD/lib
browsable_dirs =         yes

[ /a ]
map_name =              amd.cdrom

/etc/amdmaps/amd.cdrom:

cdrom           type:=cdfs;fs:=/cdrom;dev:=/dev/wcd0c;opts:=ro
floppy          type:=pcfs;fs:=/mnt/floppy;dev:=/dev/fd0;opts:=rw

Well, this cdrom map actually also mounts floppy at will...
Note: The cache_duration and dismount interval is pretty short, the defaults
may be more appropriate. But since I'd like to be able to swap cdroms fast I
choose it this way.

For the floppy I actually use mtools more...

Hope this helps a bit. I also had a very hard time getting this far. It
actually is quite logical - once you've come to understand the logic:(

/Micke

Michael Josefsson, MSEE
mj@isy.liu.se

This message was sent by XFMail