Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 08:33:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Viren R. Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>
To:        Dexnation Holodream <dex@wankers.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: using 2.2.5 kernel with 2.2.6?

>>>>> "dex" == Dexnation Holodream <dex@wankers.net> writes:

 dex> Actually, it IS possible...I ran into the oh, SO very wonderful /dev/sd0a

Good. I've gotten other replies which indicate the same.

 dex> As for the driver, well, I can't guarantee THAT will work, but your boot
 dex> should.  On the other hand, 2.2.6 is a minor version, so the driver will
 dex> most likely work (but, since I don't have the details, don't take my word
 dex> for it).

I'm going to have to take my chances on that, but I hope it will work
since that machine will be practically useless without having both my
Compaq RAID controller and my ISA PnP (the reason I need 2.2.6) modem
working.
Thanks for the reply.
 dex> -Jon Mischo

 >> I'm using an alternate boot floppy (made by Mark Dawson that includes
 >> a driver for the Compaq RAID controller), and am thinking of
 >> downloading 2.2.6 to install. My plan is to :
 >> 1. Install 2.2.6 using the 2.2.5 boot floppy
 >> 2. Try and merge the Compaq RAID driver into the 2.2.6 kernel sources
 >> 3. then compile a 2.2.6 kernel and boot from it.

Thanks
Viren
--
Viren R. Shah                  | viren@rstcorp.com