Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 1995 12:30:45 -0500
From:      dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
To:        Peter Marelas <maral@webnet.com.au>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gated Alpha 11 2.1.0-RELEASE

>Gated, that is included in the 2.1 packages is broken!
>
>If you add aliases to ether interfaces via /etc/rc.local, or during
>system
>boot, they dont work properly, ie you cant ping it.
>
>So, I went back to using the package in 2.0.5 release and everythings sweet.

We had problems using aliases with a custom compile gated with 2.0.5R
...so it seems that gated may have changed something.....

Dennis
Emerging Technologies, Inc.      http://www.etinc.com

Synchronous Communications Cards and Routers For
Discriminating Tastes. 56k to T1 and beyond. Frame
Relay, PPP, HDLC, and X.25