Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 2003 10:56:41 -0300 (ART)
From:      Maxi <meschoyez@efn.uncor.edu>
To:        Newbies <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Redirecting output in XFree86-4 under 5.0-RELEASE

-> > I've recently installed XFree86-4 under 5.0-RELEASE and I didn't have a
-> > solution to redirect the graphical output of a remote host to mine.
-> > After enabling the remote host with 'xhost' in the localhost and setting
-> > the 'DISPLAY' variable under the SSH session, when I start a graphical
-> > program it returns 'unable to open display'.
->
-> Well, what I was suppose to say was that, did you try to redirect
-> the X using the -X flag in ssh? Then you wouldn't have to play
-> around with xhost and the DISPLAY variable at all.
->
-> ssh -X you@your.server
->

Thanks! But it didn't solve the problem :-(

SSH doesn't set the DISPLAY variable on the remote hosts.

I think that those Linux boxes don't wanna give me his services
anymore :-D

    M@X     <M\
            / >