Date:      Fri, 24 Jun 2011 06:43:03 -0400
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Spamassassin vs Perl

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 09:09:00 +0200
Kurt Jaeger articulated:

> Hi!

> > > Same perl upgrade, yes, I ran perl-after-upgrade after the
> > > upgrade, similar problem:
> [...]
> > > fa8# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sa-spamd start
> > > Starting spamd.
> > > Can't locate NetAddr/IP.pm in @INC (@INC
> [...]
>
> > reinstall net-mgmt/p5-NetAddr-IP
>
> It's not only net-mgmt/p5-NetAddr-IP, there are approx. 20+
> dependencies which also did not work due to the upgrade.
>
> Interestingly, approx. 4000 manual pages are still in
>
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.14.0
>
> and approx. 8000 other 5.14.0 files are in
>
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14.0
>
> I assume that short of a full rebuild nothing helps if the perl
> version increases. This is a bit painful 8-(
>
> How can one reconstruct a good dependency tree of all perl related
> ports which allows to cleanly rebuild them all ?
>
> portupgrade -fr perl seems to have issues, as well.
>
> I'll start one and report back.

This has always worked well for me. In fact, better than the other
packages for maintaining ports:

	portmanager lang/perl5.14 -l -f

You could then run:

	portmanager mail/spamd -p -l

if the port still did not work correctly, although that would be highly
unlikely.

--
Jerry ✌
jerry+ports@seibercom.net

Don't be overly suspicious where it's not warranted.