Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 09:35:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jamie Norwood <mistwolf@ds9.lesn.lehigh.edu>
To:        andreas@klemm.gtn.com (Andreas Klemm)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems with commercial sound package OSS for FreeBSD-current

We got this here in the office once; make sure you have nothing for sound
drivers compiled into your kernel. Removing and recomiling the sound
references solved it for us.

Jamie

> Hi !
>
> I tried to install the OSS (Open Sound System) package from 4front:
> 	http://www.4front-tech.com/
>
> And I have problems running soundconf:
>
> soundconf* soundoff*  soundon*
> root{105} /usr/lib/oss ./soundconf
> /usr/lib/oss/oss.o: Undefined symbol `_imen' referenced from text segment
> /usr/lib/oss/oss.o: Undefined symbol `_imen' referenced from text segment
> /usr/lib/oss/oss.o: Undefined symbol `_imen' referenced from text segment
> /usr/lib/oss/oss.o: Undefined symbol `_imen' referenced from text segment
> modload: /usr/bin/ld: return code 1
> Cannot load OSS driver module.
>
> What happened with _imen ?
>
> Am running -current of March 8, 98 with BISDN and CAM.
>
> 	Andreas ///
>
> --
> Andreas Klemm   http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas
> powered by ,,symmetric multiprocessor FreeBSD''

| The shadows of life cover the sunlight of the soul,  and block out the  |
| radiance that all have within them,  leaving only darkness behind.      |