Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2007 02:12:29 +0200
From:      "Maikel Lambregts" <maikel.lambregts@yahoo.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   problem with running mdconfig from shell script

Hi,

I want to make automatic backup of my MySQL by using FreeBSD snapshots. All
works fine when I run the commands from my Putty, but when I run them from a
shell script the 2th command (mdconfig) gives an error.

These are the comments to make the backup, that work fine from Putty =>

/usr/local/bin/mysql -u??? -p??? -e "FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK;system
mksnap_ffs /usr /usr/snapshot;UNLOCK TABLES;"
mdconfig -a -t vnode -f /usr/snapshot -u 4
mount -r /dev/md4 /mnt
tar -cvjf /usr/home/mysqlsnapshot.tar.bz2 /mnt/home/databases
umount /mnt
mdconfig -d -u 4
rm -f /usr/snapshot

I get this error when I run the above from a .sh script =>

myserver# ./mysqlsnapshot.sh
: not found
mdconfig: bad unit: 4
: No such file or directory