Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 1996 11:07:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tony Holmes <tholmes@zeus.leitch.com>
To:        FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers list)
Subject:   Question about mbufs

Hello,

I am a novice to the FreeBSD kernel and as my first foray into kernel
development, I have the unfortunate task to port a driver from Linux
into FreeBSD.  The driver was originally a port from DOS (ack!).

Anyways, I'm porting a network driver/protocol and have run into a
problem with understanding mbufs and their usage.  I am unclear as how
to convert a standard, linear buffer, into an mbuf chain (and vice-versa)
appropriately.

Since what I am doing is a gross HACK and has no real advantage to readers
of this group, I would appreciate direct contact at tholmes@zeus.leitch.com

Thanks in advance for the help.

                                                Tony Holmes