Date:      Thu, 04 Feb 1999 02:45:56 -0800
From:      Thomas Stephens <tas@altavista.net>
To:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Thomas Stephens <tas@altavista.net>
Subject:   Re: Linux collections (was: Linux devel doesn't work with glibc libs)

>> 1. I'll start with the basic (bare minimum), and call it Linux (as to
>> preserve the current ports)...

A minior suggestion: if you're going to base a new Linux port on a
particular distribution (as opposed to a generic set of RPMs from
various sources), you might want to include the name of the distribution
in the port name.  It's actually more important, I think, than the name
of the kernel :-), especially if we want to fully implement a
compatible equivalent of this distribution.

Thomas Stephens
tas@altavista.net