Date:      Tue, 13 Jan 2004 02:02:43 +0100
From:      Oliver Brandmueller <ob@e-Gitt.NET>
To:        Tuc <tuc@ttsg.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Signal 6's with ruby apps such as portupgrade and pkg

Hi.

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 06:42:34PM -0500, Tuc wrote:
> > Is anyone else seeing this or have an idea what might
> > have started it.  I'm not able to find a common
> > denominator.  I rebuilt all the ruby apps,
> > portupgrade, etc.  I've run mergemaster.  Maybe I have
> > some old libraries in /usr/lib.  I'm going to check.
> >
> himinbjorg#  portupgrade lsof-4.69
> [Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb1_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... - 303 packages found (-1 +2) (...)/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/pkgdb.rb:469: [BUG] Segmentation fault
> ruby 1.6.8 (2003-03-26) [i386-freebsd4]
> Abort (core dumped)

I had that problem some time ago. I do not remember fully what I did to
solve it, but I did something like deleting include files and/or libs
(base system, not ports) and reinstalling with installworld. Afterwards
I reinstalled all ruby and the portupgrade port completely and
everything was fine. If I remember right it was some special include
file. Sorry for not being more informative, but it was quite some time
ago.

- Oliver

--
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |