Date:      Sat, 12 Dec 1998 16:01:53 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Ben J. Cohen" <bjc23@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pdmenu

Hi!

I saw this program in the Debian packages tree and thought it looked
interesting.

pdmenu is a fairly sophisticated menuing system.  It appears to be
licensed under GPL.

The latest version is available from http://kitenet.net/programs/pdmenu/

It compiles fine under FreeBSD if you install libslang and if you set
CFLAGS="-ltermcap" before running configure.

I would make a port but I still have to learn how to do that :)

-----

I don't know whether people are still thinking of looking for an interface
for the /stand/sysinstall program (or setup) to replace the existing one,
but I prefer it to the dialog interface (although it is still not
perfect).

-----

Ben.