Date:      Wed, 13 Jul 2011 12:02:50 -0400
From:      Jung-uk Kim <jkim@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Vitaly Magerya <vmagerya@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org, Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: (Missing) power states of an Atom N455-based netbook

On Wednesday 13 July 2011 10:32 am, Vitaly Magerya wrote:
> Taku YAMAMOTO <taku@tackymt.homeip.net> wrote:
> > Ah, the line in the acpi_cpu_mwait function should be read as:
> >
> > 		cpu_monitor(state, 0, 0);
> >
> > Vitaly, could you test the jkim's patch again with the above line
> > modified?

I fixed that bug in the later patches, e.g.,

http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/acpi_cx_native.diff

However, it doesn't work yet.  Please see below.

> Sure. With the above change it hangs during the boot.
>
> Here are the last two lines before the hang with verbose boot:
>
> acpi_acad0: acline initialization start
> acpi_battery0: battery initialization start

It is a known problem and the above patch hangs, too. :-(

Actually, I abandoned the patches and I am thinking about rewriting it
from scratch, e.g., refactoring MI/MD support code
(dev/acpica/acpi_cpu.c -> machine/machdep.c & acpica/acpi_machdep.c).
Unfortunately, I don't have much time nor hardware to test, so it
won't happen any time soon.  Sorry.

If anyone wants to pick it up from here, please feel free.

Jung-uk Kim