Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 16:10:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      Lowell Gilbert <lowell@world.std.com>
To:        manny8383@hotmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: stand/sysinstall

   From: "Manny Obrey" <manny8383@hotmail.com>
   Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 11:37:57 PST

   ok, thanks ... and how do I make sure that sysinstall got upgraded.
   ls -l /stand/sysinstall  lists a date in december. How do I upgrade
   the sysinstall program? can I dload it from somewhere?

If you're upgrading the main system with sysinstall, you should use the
sysinstall from *that* *version* to do so.  The easiest way is to
download the install floppies, *boot* from them, and do an upgrade
install from there.

It sounds, however, like your sysinstall *is* the latest version, so
that's not a concern.  You have a two-month-old system, and a
two-day-old ports collection, so you should be more or less okay.  To
make sure, you could install the ports upgrade kit, as (I think)
recommended in a part of the error message that you didn't quote, or you
could try to stick the right date into /var/db/port.mkversion by hand.