Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 1999 17:51:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        George Michaelson <ggm@dstc.edu.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sysinstall: is it really at the end of its lifecycle?

> On Wed, Dec 15, 1999, George Michaelson wrote:
> > Why do we have to make FreeBSD more like HP-UX? the most sucky UNIX ever
> > invented apart from AIX?

Hmmph. When FreeBSD has a fully SMP-ized kernel, including filesystem and
network stacks and device drivers, and when it has something that allows
dynamic paged kernel objects and when it has a device/system configuration
manager that successfully balances persistent device names with dynamic
reconfiguration, *then* do the comparison. Until then, umm, your
underwear is showing, jack....