Date:      Mon, 29 May 2006 13:02:36 -0400
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing Apsfilter

P.U.Kruppa wrote:

> On Sat, 27 May 2006, Gerard Seibert wrote:
>
> > Trying to install Apsfilter, I encountered a problem. It seems that it
> > requires print/acroread7 which is an interactive port. Reading the
> > Makefile on acroread7, it seems I have to go to
> > http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/distribute.html and fill out a
> > form, wait a few days to see if I am approved, and then what?
> Do you really want to redistribute acroread?
> # make install
> just works as usual around here.
>
> Uli.
>

> > Is this really necessary? Is there some way around this? If I follow
> > through with this scenario, what happens? Do I get a special code or
> > file to install that will allow me to install the port just so I can get
> > apsfilter installed?
> >
> > Thanks!

I found the problem. I had 'BATCH= yes' sans quotes set in the
/etc/make.conf file. However, I do not believe that the program should
just fail if that flag is set. Rather, it should print some sort of
warning regarding the use of 'BATCH' either in the make.conf file or
on the command line.

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard@seibercom.net

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common.
Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the
facts to fit their views ... which can be very uncomfortable if you
happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

     Doctor Who