Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:25:52 +0300
From:      Niki Denev <nike_d@cytexbg.com>
To:        sebastian ssmoller <sebastian.ssmoller@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: intel 2100 3b

This is a MIME GnuPG-signed message.  If you see this text, it means that
your E-mail or Usenet software does not support MIME signed messages.

--=_mimegpg-phobos.totalterror.net-739-1082460352-0001

sebastian ssmoller writes:

> hi,
> just let me add a "me too" here (asus m2400n, same card)
> :(
>
> regards,
> seb
>

>> > when i "up" ndis0, i do see three of :
>> >
>> >  ndis0: set filter failed: 6
>> >
>> > but then the interface is up and i am able to funtion on my wireless
>> > network as expected (ping local and remote hosts).
>> >
>> > i get approximately 15-30 seconds and then my system locks up, no
>> > keyboard...nothing.  power cycle is the only remedy.  no logs of what
>> > is going on that i can see.
>>
>> Same here.  I load if_ndis, and after some random time (sometimes a few
>> minutes, sometimes 20 minutes), the box locks up hard.  Card is also
>> Intel P/W 2100 3b.
>>
>> Last known working kernel is from Apr 12th.
>>
>> cheers,
>> le
>>
>> --
>> Lukas Ertl                           http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/~le/
>> le@FreeBSD.org                       http://people.freebsd.org/~le/

I'm experiencing the same from a few days.... on ThinkPad X31 with the same
card.
Does anyone has an idea how to get some more information about this lockup?
Here the machine locks hard after the first 1-2 packets
transmitted/received.
If i enable ndis0 and ping the laptop from my desktop, it will respond
exactly one time to the ping, and then will lockup.

--Niki