Date:      Sun, 2 Mar 1997 11:33:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RSA 56-bit key challenge

On Sun, 2 Mar 1997, Charles Henrich wrote:

> >Now if we can get a PPro 200Mhz overclocked to 233 and 60ns EDO benchmarked
> >we may be able to see 400k/sec.
>
> >This benchmark may actually help to push for a reference high speed
> >FreeBSD box.
>
> Thats what I have, and no, its still around ~350k/sec, EDO ram helps little to
> none..

Is that with the precompiled binary?  If so, it's optimized for the P5,
and is actually 10% slower than the result of "make i486-gcc" on a PPro.

If it is with the precompiled binary, and we could get someone to
overclock a dual PPro to 233/233, then we might just be able to unseat the
Dual 400Mhz alpha currently sitting at the top of the list.