Date:      Sat, 31 Jul 1999 16:38:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Alpha <alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Installing the heatsink

My alpha came with a heatsink that has what seems to be a thin lead
gasket, between the processor and the heatsink itself.  I've never used
one before; I've always used silicone grease.

Does anyone know if I should use that gasket, and (if so) how should I
think use the silicone grease (if at all)?  Is there any rule of thumb
about tightening down those two bolts that connect the heatsink to the
processor?

Thanks.

chuckr@picnic.mat.net       | communications topic, C programming, and Unix.
213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic and jaunt, both FreeBSD-current.
(301) 220-2114              |