Date:      Fri, 26 May 2000 13:34:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@dsuper.net>
To:        Greg Skouby <gskouby@ns0.sitesnow.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode

On Fri, 26 May 2000, Greg Skouby wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I posted a message to -questions yesterday about a machine that had the
> /dev directory somewhat corrupt. I could ls -la /dev/wd0* but when I was
> in the /dev director when I did an ls it was not showing any of the files.
> Now, today the machine was rebooting over and over again, freezing with
>

> fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
>
> fault virtual address = 0xc33a3c6d
>
> fault code = supervisor read, page not present
>
> Instruction Pointer  = 0x8:0xc022798F

	You have to post more information. For example, what is at the
  location pointed at by the instruction pointer? Get a stack trace, if
  possible (from the debugger), and any other relevant info., most of which
  is explained in the Handbook.

--
 Bosko Milekic * pages.infinit.net/bmilekic/index.html * www.technokratis.com
 bmilekic@dsuper.net * bmilekic@technokratis.com * b.milekic@marianopolis.edu