Date:      Mon, 8 Aug 2016 20:17:28 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        vbox@freebsd.org
Subject:   Windows 7 Guest get BSD on 5 and FreeBSD11.0-BETA4

I violated the old ruleof change one thing at a time and updated VirtualBox
to 5.0.26 and my OS to 11.0-BETA3 at the same time. The problems continues
on BETA4.

Since the updates, I have gotten a BSD (Blue Screen of Death, not the OS)
several times, always indicating a required resource can't be found, but
not always the same one. In all cases, the BSD occurred during a time when
I had not had the desktop with the VM displayed for some time. It is
possible, even likely that all have occurred while the system was pausing.

The Manager window is also frozen. It does not re-draw when exposed and,
since the BSD is presented at 640x480, it always is. If I kill the VM
<ALT+F4>, the Manager window immediately redraws and becomes active. Other
than asking whether I want to restart in SAFE mode, Windows reboots
normally.

I never saw this before the upgrades. I never get the failure while
actually working on the VM, only when I have moved on to another desktop. I
certainly don't get it every time. I suspect a race condition, perhaps in
the process of pausing the system.

I realize this lack any concrete information, but it is what I have and,
perhaps, someone familiar with the innards has an idea what might be going
on.
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com