Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 1995 16:09:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty Jr.)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where to buy Advanced Gravis Ultrasound MAX

> Hi,
>
> In the Bay Area, you can buy the Advanced Gravis Ultrasound MAX from
>
> Friendly Software Store
> 376 El Camino Real
> San Carlos, Ca. 94070
> Tel: 415-593-8275
>
> You have to ask for the full name otherwise they may not be able
> to find in their database :(

And I know what database that is :-), Ingram Micro's, you can't
find Gravis unless you look under Advanced Gravis, took me a while
to find it in there the first time I went looking, the cross index
in the front helped, under multimedia-sound cards :-).

> Typically, they don't carry it in the store however they can get it
> from their Freemont warehouse in about a day or so.

Fremont, hummm... okay, makes since, Ingram has a major warehouse there,
let me see, was the price some place close to $198.00?

> A couple of years ago, I bought my GUS at Fry's so who knows they
> may start carrying it again so it will not hurt to ask them.

Is the Advancded Gravis Ultrasound MAX _THE_ card to have for doing
sound under FreeBSD?  If so and the price above is in line I might
do some leg work and see if I can start to stock these things.