Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:42:26 -0600
From:      Lane <lane@joeandlane.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   removing symlinks during deinstall

Hi,

I'm trying to port mythtv (http://www.mythtv.org) to FreeBSD, but I'm having
some problems with the deinstall part.

The original program creates three symbolic links to a particular shared
library, but 'make deinstall' does not delete all of these links, regardless
of the order they are placed in pkg-plist.

pkg_delete: file '/var/tmp/mythtv/lib/libmyth-0.17.so.0' doesn't really exist

The shared library is lib/libmyth-0.17.so.0.17.0 and there are three symlinks,
lib/libmyth-0.17.so,
lib/libmyth-0.17.so.0,
and lib/libmyth-0.17.so.0.17

In my latest try, I put only the three symlinks in pkg-plist and the first two
were deleted but the pkg_delete error still occurred and the final link was
not removed.  Ironically the file '/var/tmp/mythtv/lib/libmyth-0.17.so.0' DID
exist after 'make deinstall PREFIX=/var/tmp/mythtv'

I'm only using filenames in pkg-plist, and have not tried using @exec/@unexec,
because I can't find much documentation on these.

Thanks for your help

lane