Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2011 16:29:51 -0600
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@missouri.edu>
To:        David DEMELIER <demelier.david@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ALPS GlidePoint not detected on dell inspiron

David DEMELIER wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A friend has a DELL Inspiron 1525 with an ALPS GlidePoint touchpad. We
> have added hw.psm.synaptics_support=1 in his /boot/loader.conf but it
> still detected as a standard ps2 mouse.
>
> Looking at sys/dev/atkbdc/psm.c :
>   461         { MOUSE_MODEL_GLIDEPOINT,       /* ALPS GlidePoint */
>   462           0xc0, MOUSE_PS2_PACKETSIZE, enable_aglide },
>
> I'm guessing if his touchpad has 0xc0 as model, how can I check this?
>
> For the moment there is this in his dmesg:
>
> psm0:<PS/2 Mouse>  irq 12 on atkbdc0
>
> psm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
>
> psm0: [ITHREAD]
>
> psm0: model GlidePoint, device ID 0
>
> Cheers,

I had the same issues with an ALPS glidepoint on a Dell Inspiron 1525.
I think it is different than a synaptics.  I don't know what problem you
are trying to solve, but if you are trying to switch off the "tapping
the touchpad" feature, I found an unusual solution two years ago: look
at
http://www.mavetju.org/mail/view_message.php?list=freebsd-mobile&id=2760915