Date:      Sun, 25 Jan 2009 20:55:59 -0500
From:      Sahil Tandon <sahil@tandon.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Delivering system mail

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009, Rem P Roberti wrote:

> I currently have to retrieve crontab generated system mail from the command
> line.  Is it possible to have system mail delivered to my Thunderbird
> mail client?

According to the cron(8) manual:

   When executing commands, any output is mailed to the owner of the crontab
   (or to the user named in the MAILTO environment variable in the crontab,
   if such exists).

So you can configure Thunderbird to retrieve email for the user running the
crontab, or set the MAILTO environment variable within your crontab.

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil@tandon.net>