Date:      19 Mar 2001 03:31:06 -0000
From:      Yusuf Goolamabbas <yusufg@outblaze.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multiple PPP connections and switching dynamically between them

Hi, A friend of mine asked me if the following was possible

A FreeBSD box has multiple analog modems [56K], each of these modems
is dialed-up to a different ISP. The BSD box also acts as a gateway to
a LAN of Windoze boxen.

For redundancy purposes, my friend would like the gateway to switch to
a different ISP automatically should anyone analog link break down
[poor man's multi-homing/BGP ?]

Is this possible, any recipes or war stories from people who have done
this. If there is a hardware appliance which one buys and can do this
stuff. Pointers to that would also be appreciated

Regards, Yusuf

--
Yusuf Goolamabbas
yusufg@outblaze.com