Date:      Mon, 20 Dec 1999 10:12:10 -0600 (CST)
From:      Corey Leopold <leopold@mailcenter.csap.af.mil>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.4 Release - Out or not?

on ftp.FreeBSD.org the iso image is only readable by the owner.  Who needs to
be informed of this so it can be fixed?

/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES

- -rw-------  1 2035  207  647673856 Dec 20 13:43 3.4-install.iso

or does this mean it is not ready yet?

Corey

On 20-Dec-99 Sven Reimers wrote:
> Yeah, it is now up again on FreeBSD.org.
>
> Sven
>
> Chuck O'Donnell wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Dec 20, 1999 at 11:19:11AM +0100, Sven Reimers wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > waiting for the 3.4 -Release I started checking my favourite
>> > local mirror and found 3.4 -Release under /pub/FreeBSD/release/i386/ .
>> >
>> > But I canīt find it anywhere else. And so far no official announcement?
>> >
>> > Does anybody now what is up?
>> >
>> > There are already snapshots titled 3.4-xxx as well.
>> >

>> Should be up today. I believe it was up and then pulled back off for
>> last minute changes. From FreeBSD-stable list:
>>
>> ----- Forwarded message from "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com> -----
>> To: stable@FreeBSD.ORG
>> Subject: code freeze is lifted.
>> Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 11:14:15 -0800
>> From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
>>
>> I haven't released 3.4 yet since I'm still chasing some last cosmetic
>> problems and I've got until Monday morning to cut the CD, so I'm going
>> to put the extra time to good use.  Nonetheless, there's no reason for
>> 3.4 to remain frozen at this point, so please consider the freeze in
>> the 3.4-stable branch lifted.
>>
>> - Jordan

>> with "unsubscribe freebsd-stable" in the body of the message
>>
>> ----- End forwarded message -----
>>
>> > So if anybody can shed some light on my
>> > turmoiled mind.....
>> >
>> > TIA
>> >
>> > Sven
>> >
>> > P.S. Have a look at ftp7.de.freebsd.org

>> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message

>> with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message

Corey Leopold
E-Mail: Corey Leopold <leopold@mailcenter.csap.af.mil>
Phone (210)-925-3459