Date:      Sun, 21 May 2006 18:44:22 -0400
From:      serge.gagnon@b2b2c.ca (Serge Gagnon)
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with a configure script in a new port

Hi,
I'm trying to port webcit-6.81 http://www.citadel.org/ and I got a problem
with the configure script.
This port needs devel/libical but the configure script failed to find
${LOCALBASE}/include/ical.h and ${LOCALBASE}/lib/libical*.

configure --help tell me that this script handle --prefix= and
--includedir=, so I put this in the Makefile as a start
CONFIGURE_ARGS= --prefix=${PREFIX} \
                --includedir=${LOCALBASE}/include/ \
                --with-libical=yes
but that doesn't works. I also tried to put the includedir directly
hardcoded in the configure script, but it doesn't seems to handle its value
itself...
s|includedir='${prefix}/include'|includedir='/usr/local/include'|

Someone suggest me, at https://uncensored.citadel.org/ in a citadel forum,
to put some value in the CONFIGURE_ENV. That's what I did
CONFIGURE_ENV+= ${CPPFLAGS}="${CPPFLAGS} -I${LOCALBASE}/include"
${LDFLAGS}="${L
DFLAGS} -L${LOCALBASE}/lib"
but it doesn't works. Anyway, I was sure that -I${LOCALBASE}/include was
already in the CPPFLAGS when it calls from a port, think.

The port can be build by putting this field in the Makefile:
MAKE_ARGS=      CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -DHAVE_ICAL_H=1 -DHAVE_LIBICAL=1
-DHAVE_ICONV=
1 -I${LOCALBASE}/include" \
                LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS} -L${LOCALBASE}/lib -lical -liconv"
but I don't think that is a "clean" way to build this port.

I have a lot of difficulty to understand configure script and to patch it,
but that's probably because I'm not a programmer.

So, if the configure script is buggy and it doesn't handle properly
--prefix and --includedir, I don't really know what you can suggest me, but
in case that someone here have got something similar... and you're the best
programmer on earth after all. ;)

Thanks.
--
GAGNON serge <serge.gagnon@b2b2c.ca>