Date:      Thu, 4 Feb 1999 08:08:09 +0200 (SAT)
From:      geoffr@is.co.za
To:        julian@whistle.com (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Getting older versions of FreeBSD

Julian Elischer writes :
> Charlie ROOT wrote:
> >
> > I have a 486 Toshiba T1910 laptop with 4 megs of ram I would desperately
> > like to outfit with an old version of FreeBSD.  2.0.5 would be fine, and I
> > could always upgrade, but I can't seem to find it anywhere on your ftp/www
> > sites.  Please help me out so I don't end up throwing that Toshiba in the
> > trash.
>
> I 'd go for 1.1.5 if you can find someone with a copy..
> there are still a few floating around..
> it was SOLID!

I still have 1.1.5.1 available at home, and would be happy to organise
to get a copy out :-)
You should find that early versions of 2.x do OK on a 4M machine -
I still have a 386, albeit with 8M, running an early 2.something current
system.  (How's that for an antique system!)

Geoff.

--
Geoff Rehmet,
The Internet Solution